It is our sincere hope that this letter finds all our patients, their families, and caregivers safe and sound. While all of us would love nothing more than to fully return to a sense of normalcy, we wanted to formally reiterate the COVID-19 related rules of our physical therapy practice. With COVID-19 numbers climbing once again, we must become even more strict with all of our procedures.
In order to protect everyone’s health and safety, we will be instituting a change in the way patients will be seen.
- Any patient who has been exposed to someone in their immediate circle (i.e, a parent, aide, friend, family member) who has tested positive for COVID-19 MUST both inform us and pause physical therapy. There will be no exceptions, and willful neglect to tell us will terminate your therapy here. After informing us, you must quarantine for two weeks, and present a negative COVID-19 test to return to the building. This is not negotiable.
- Patients may only be accompanied by 1 other person into the building. No extra family visitors will be allowed.
- All patients and their companions must come in wearing a cloth or surgical mask and it must be worn at all times. Face shields will not be permissible going forward. If you come from day program using a face shield, be prepared to have a mask when entering the gym.
- Any patient and/or caregiver that has suffered from fever, flu-like symptoms or any other known symptom of Covid-19, even though the illness has not been confirmed, will not be allowed back into the building for another month or until a negative COVID-19 test is presented.
- Patients will have to arrive on their appointed time and will immediately have to leave the building once done with their treatment session. In this vein, we ask any caregiver accompanying patients to wait in their car until the therapy session is over, unless that caregiver is vital in assisting with the patient’s care. If an aide must be in the building then they MUST wear a mask at all times, whether in the gym, the front waiting room, or the physical therapy waiting room. No exceptions.
- Ambulette drivers will not be allowed into the building.
- All masks MUST cover the patient’s nose.
The above rules are being enforced so that all who come for therapy can feel confident that we are doing everything that we can to ensure a safe environment for you and your loved ones. We understand that these rules may seem cumbersome, but they are being put into effect for the sake of limiting the risk of viral spread. We have a responsibility to look out for all who enter our doors, and until COVID-19 numbers are under control, we must be strict. We appreciate your cooperation during these difficult times and together we know we can continue to act with the utmost safety.
David Nieves, PT
Scott Lindsay, DPT